The Main Objectives of this lecture are:
• To provide information and an experiential snapshot of telephone based mutual aid groups.
• To provide exposure to the advantages and disadvantages of telephone groups to enable participants to decide whether a telephone group service would provide a useful support to their own client group.
The workshop would have the following components:
• Presentation on the important elements of structure and design
• Presentation on the advantages and disadvantages of telephone groups as compared to face to face groups
• Important issues for Facilitators
• To demystify the telephone group process
• To improve understanding about the functionality of telephone groups
• Opportunity to learn from sharing reactions to the experience.
This presentation, "Responding to the needs of consumers with complex trauma histories a consumer perspective" focuses on the needs of adult survivors of child abuse, highlighting the frequent